Affordable Brooklyn NY Family Law Attorney
Few areas of law involve more distress than that of family and divorce law. Family law can involve parting from someone you may still love but no longer trust or wish to be with. It can involve extreme anxiety regarding your relationship with your minor children. It can involve the possibility of losing half of everything you owned and worked hard for.
I am Brooklyn, New York, family law attorney George M. Gilmer, Esq., and I believe that, when divorce, custody, property and support disputes arise, the stress they can bring should not be made worse by high legal fees. For that reason I have not only charged low fees since entering law in 2002. I have also reduced my family law fees in order to provide a better legal experience for my family law clients. My fees are currently:
- Only $399 (plus the court fees you’d pay even if you were handling your divorce on your own) for an uncontested divorce involving no children and no property
- Only $499 (plus court fees) for an uncontested divorce involving minor children and only $650 (plus court fees) for an uncontested divorce involving property
Though my fees are lower, my legal services come with the legal knowledge I’ve gained from 11 years of family law experience. Since 2002 I have assisted hundreds of clients affordably and efficiently complete their divorce, retain custody of their children, obtain needed spousal and child support and hold onto their homes, savings and family businesses. Do you have questions regarding:
- Divorce? My services cost less than “document filers” yet, when you hire me, you get your questions answered and receive guidance and assistance at every step of the divorce process.
- Prenuptial and cohabitation agreements? I work with straight and GLBT couples to create documents that protect both parties’ interests and are enforceable in the event of separation or death.
- Property distribution? Be careful when you “buy peace” or “keep it simple” by agreeing to your spouse’s ideas and demands. I can work effectively and affordably to protect your rights to property, health insurance and ongoing support.
- An alimony or child support modification? Support agreements are meant to reflect current needs. For this reason, courts are amenable to modifications that best serve the current interests and rights of both payers and payees.
- Complex property? Though I have handled hundreds of uncontested divorces, I am also knowledgeable and skilled regarding the protection and division of businesses, investments and complex debt.
- Child custody, including cases involving the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS)? I can facilitate negotiations and litigate disputes regarding child custody and have handled and appealed dozens of cases in which the ACS has been involved.
My legal services combine low fees with the seasoned, experienced representation needed to obtain the results you and your family need. To begin the process of affordably and fully achieving your family law goals, contact my Brooklyn, New York, office at 718-864-2011. Phone and in-office initial meetings are free. Or if you prefer, start by completing my short online divorce intake form.