718.864.2011 Request a Consultation

How can I get visitation rights with my child in Brooklyn, NY?

I am a private Family Court Lawyer with an office in Brooklyn, New York City. I will put my many years of Family Law experience to work into fighting for you!

Many parents feel a great deal of guilt over the way their marriage or relationship with their significant other ended. When there are kids involved, this may complicate the situation.

Furthermore, a custodial parent may try to turn your child or children against you or may refuse to let you see your children. Do these circumstances apply to you?

The court sometimes has to step in when children are being put in the middle of "grown up" relationship problems. As long as the non-custodial parent is fit, the Courts quickly give non-custodial parents reasonable visitation rights with their children. The courts will not deprive a biological parent reasonable and meaningful access to their children unless there are exceptional circumstances (such as there is substantial evidence that visitation would be detrimental to the welfare of the child or that a parent in some manner has forfeited his or her right to such access) to do so.

In conclusion, the Courts want to see that the relationship between a child and the non-custodial parent grows and are generally against interfering with the development of the relationship between the non-custodial parent and their children. Fight for your rights as a parent and get involved with your children! Do not take a passive role! Contact me for a free phone consultation.

George M. Gilmer, Esq.

Please be advised that this is Attorney Advertising. This Advertisement is designed for general information only. The information presented in this Ad should not be construed to be neither formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

© 2021 The Gilmer Law Firm, PLLC. | Attorney Advertising
42 West Street, Suite 2/36c, Brooklyn, NY 11222
| Phone: 718-864-2011

Filing a Family Law Case | Family Law Overview | Family Court | Divorce | Cohabitation Agreements | Child Support Modifications | Maintenance | Child Custody | Paternity Petitions | Order of Protection | Family Law Mediation | Order of Protection Defense | Temporary Emergency Custody | Visitation | | Other Services | Bankruptcy | ACS Cases | Immigration | Uncontested Divorce

FacebookGoogle+TwitterLinked-In PersonalYouTubeBlog RSS

Attorney Web Design by